Sunday, July 25, 2010

brandi carlile + the indianapolis symphony orchestra.

I was so excited to see Brandi Carlile on Friday night perform with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. She is one of my all time favorites... and it was absolutely amazing. If you ever get a chance to see one of your favs with a symphony, do it. Here is one of the girls... please disregard the wine I spilled down the front of my dress :).


While I couldn't find any video, from Friday night's particular performance on youtube, here she is singing the song you'd know (if you only knew one) with the Seattle Symphony Orchestra. Just amazing.

The Story:


And my favorite cover that she does... we were lucky enough to hear her sing this one live. Love that this is in b+w.
Folsom Prison Blues:


And a few other gems for you...
I Will:


Caroline:


Dreams:


And as a super-duper rockstar bonus... I found this cover when I was looking for video. Oh my god, I love this song. I just heard Ingrid Michaelson cover it at the Vogue, but this puts that to shame (no offense, Ingrid).
Creep:

1 comment: