Monday, June 21, 2010

cord camera + bad business.

So, yesterday, in my quest to make some homemade notecards, I went to Cord Camera to utilize their scrapbook section. Those of you who know me know that I am a VERY loyal Roberts Camera shopper and wouldn't dare buy any camera equipment from anyone other than those rock stars. But here's how the story went down:

I went to Cord. I gathered up the (non-photography) supplies that I needed and completed my $26 transaction. When I finished, I realized that I was the only customer in the store, so I decided to pick the associate's brain regarding some softbox studio lighting. This dude proceeds to challenge whether I'm even referring to the right thing, and when I walked him over to the aisle to show him specifically what I was asking about, he proceeded to tell me that this stuff was for "real photographers". Um. Dumbfounded, I asked again which softbox components he would recommend for the strobe lights that I have... and he said, "I don't think you understand."

At this point, the lights in the store went out. I looked at my watch and realized it was 5:00. Clearly, the store was closing. But CLEARLY I WAS STILL IN THE STORE... asking about a relatively high ticket item. The guy looked at me, looked at his watch and then looked at the door. Um.

I proceeded to tell him that I don't think HE understood and that I had spent several gazillion dollars at Roberts in the last 18 months and that I would just go there and see if they would actually answer the question I was asking.

And then... he laughed at me. Fail.

I turned and walked to the door. Dramatically (shocking, I know). I was leaving in a fit of rage... until I got to the locked door. So, here I am... trapped in a store full of asses, being shunned, in the dark. I calmly said to the other associate (who was digging for his car keys), "In addition to being a 'real photographer', I also know that it's considered bad business to lock your customers in the store if you're going to treat them like shit. Please unlock the door."

Yay, me.

Then I got home and realized that the geniuses over charged my credit card... my card which, incidentally, says "MOLLY CONNOR PHOTOGRAPHY". Asshats.

I will be taking this up with the management and anyone who will listen this week. In summary, go to Roberts... where I was going to buy the stuff all along.

The end.

3 comments:

  1. My sister (also a photographer) has the same opinion of Cord. Roberts all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you have your trusty Roberts gang to rely on. What a bunch of losers at the "other" place.

    ReplyDelete