Monday, May 17, 2010

my forever mantra + a little history lesson.

As my friends know, I often wear a necklace with this image on it. I think it's cool. When I first bought it, I said, "I love that I found this necklace!". My girlfriend responded with, "I think that necklace found you!"

And now for the history...
Keep Calm and Carry On was a propaganda poster produced by the British government in 1939 during the beginning of World War II, but never used. It was rediscovered in 2000.

The poster was initially produced by the Ministry of Information in 1939 during the beginning of World War II, and was intended as a "last case scenario" to be used only should the Nazis succeed in invading Britain. Two-and-a-half million copies were printed, although the poster was distributed only in limited numbers. The designer of the poster is not known.

No comments:

Post a Comment